6/30/09

Thing 4 Tubing

A Classrooms Without Walls


As I continue to explore in this Library2Play2, I am starting to see the walls of my classroom peeling open even more. I am surely getting a better grasp of what people mean when they say we are in an era where classrooms are "without walls". Connecting to the world is getting easier and easier as we learn more about the capabilities of the Internet.


The SchoolTube Site is impressive. The promotional videos give true accounts from students that prove that educators must meet them at their technological "zone of proximity". I will continue to comb through that site for videos to integrate and upload some of my own.


These sites provide a wide variety of voices and levels for delivering a topic. Short clips could be used as a way to get the students into a topic. I think a readers theatre archive would be cool. Kids can put together rehearsed reader's theatre presentations and upload them. The uploads could also be used to show students how to do reader's theatre and serve as a great way for kids to listen to good models of oral reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment