7/28/09

Thing 10 Virtual Worlds

I can see where this would be a video-game way to get students interested in learning. Visit a library, tour a museum, see the anatomy of a Tsunami, or just notice the vast variety of second lifers there are. I am concerned about how easy it is to get into some strange places. Making a wrong turn put me straight into a mature "place". How can I avoid that when working with this and with students? I am sure there is a way. But this "thing" has the potential of putting my children and my marriage into a state of neglect. My husband will surely question why I am interested in leading a double life. I spent hours just getting my Avatar ALMOST perfect. Also, am I negative in wondering what creepy web predator might be lurking around Second Life?

No comments:

Post a Comment